Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Trip to Maine

Well, I didn't give up on blogging that quickly. We have been back East for the last 10 days visiting Sam's Mom and Lauri (step-dad). It was a great trip. Maine is such a beautiful state, and they live outside of a town of 900 people in their own little wonderland forest. We spent a lot of time going on small hikes in the woods and playing card games at night while the kids slept. Gotta love bed time! Nancy was in a car accident and is temporarily bound to crutches and a wheelchair. So we enjoyed most of our time hanging out at home and relaxing. Hurray for vacations, but we are also happy to be home. Here are a few pics from the trip.

Helping me pack.

Beautiful woods of Maine. Everyone got a little tired of posing for me.



Catching crickets.


We went on a little train ride on the Sandy River train. We were the only ones on the train, so we got to do lots of fun pictures along with our tour.



Fun on Papa Lauri's tractor.


They caught this giant toad up by the house, and every day we went down to the bog to catch little frogs. What a life!


Poor Nana couldn't come with us on these bog adventures.


The start of fall colors in Maine. The picture definitely doesn't do it justice.

6 comments:

Stacie said...

What an amazing trip! It looks like you had so much fun:-) I too miss our running days. I had to beg Cache to start running with me in the mornings because it's so dark I don't want to go alone. We'll see how that works next week!

Amylee said...

Wow, I bet it was gorgeous. In Utah we really don't comprehend the word GREEN. Even at its greenest, Utah doesn't compare to back east. I'm glad you had fun! Too bad you couldn't bring that toad home. He's cute.

Adree said...

I was so excited when I got your email about you having a blog. I love keeping track of friends. Your family picture is amazing!!!

Jackie Sanders said...

Man, that last picture is really beautiful, and I am sure that what you said, it is not justice in a picture, is true.
We are jealous of you going back east! We LOVE it there!
Oh, did I ever send you our blog. Its jandjsandersfamily.blogspot.com

Kirstin said...

What a gorgeous and relaxed vacation. What is the town in Maine called? I once stayed in a small town in Maine for 3 weeks called Monson. What where you guys next to. I am glad you got to go, and glad that you didn't just quit blogging! Your family is so good looking by the way! Your kids are beautiful.

Lindsay said...

What a cute family, Darcy! I'm so glad you found my blog (and especially that you let me know you'd found it!). You and Sam were always so great - in fact, when I read your comment on my blog, my husband was sitting next to me, and as I started explaining to him who you guys were he said, "Oh yeah...I think I remember you telling me about them one time." I'm sure you guys are just as great as ever, and I'm excited to keep up with your lives a little bit. :)