Friday, March 2, 2012

They can't be serious!

Sorry I haven't posted any results from yesterday. I still feel like I don't have any answers....

This is what I do know:

They did a Cat Scan and must have seen some fluid pockets (wouldn't know because the docs never showed their faces)

They did an image guided placement of drains and saw, according to my dad only, 2 grapefruit sized abscesses and a bunch of small ones. They placed 2 drains and it sounds like these areas are higher up than the last infected area. Not a single doctor showed their face yesterday to explain or answer questions, since 6:00 a.m. when they said his white count was up. It is so hard being home!!!! I feel so helpless.

This morning they came in and told my mom this: He will still probably go home this weekend, but he will go home with the PICC line and be on 1 month of IV antibiotics, he will go home with his 2 belly drains and the feeding tube!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND he has a bit of a fever this morning. Am I nuts or does this sound asinine?!!!!

Hoping to get some more answers today. I wish I could be a bug in my mom's ear and give her cues of what to say when, like "What are you thinking you.......?!!!!!" My mom is too nice....

Thanks for letting me vent. Am I out of line?

3 comments:

Jeannette said...

that does seem asinine. I could see sending him home with the PICC to administer antibiotics because that is not uncommon. But with drains and a fever.....ummm, not sure he is ready to be out of the hospital. We love you and you continue to be in our prayers

Amylee said...

I would be calling them very bad names right about now. Love you friend. Hang in there!

Crystal said...

so sorry. As if dealing with such a health crisis is not enough, it seems most often doctors can't spare more than a few minutes.