Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Has the corner been turned???

I am excited to post some news of improvement! I am sitting here with dad, hoping and counting on a better night than the last one I spent here. My wonderful Aunt Marilyn has been here all day and says the doctors think that dad has finally turned the corner! He just generally seems better. He has been able to walk out in the hall a couple of times today, not too far but much more than the few steps he was able to take to the chair and back. He was only in bed for about 3 hours today and spent the rest of the day up in the chair. And he has needed less pain medicine today as well! Good news!

They began giving him lasix and albumin again today to help get all of the extra fluid off of his body. He is still 204 pounds, so still a LOT of extra fluid on board, but he seemed to respond to it really well so far. I am anxious to see what he weighs in the morning. He still has the NG tube in and they may test it tomorrow to see how he is doing but it sounds like they are going to take things really slowly and hope his stomach "wakes up" and is really ready to do its job before they let him start eating. Until then he will continue to get nutrition through his IV.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers. Love you all!

8 comments:

Jeannette said...

That's great news. He, Liz and all of you continue to be in our prayers.

Amylee said...

That is great news. I hope the both of you get some good rest tonight. See you soon.

Breona said...

Good update. Hope you both get rest tonight.

Mindy Kohler said...

Thanks for the updates, I think of you guys often. I hope he continues to improve.

Deanna said...

That is good news and I hope it still holds true for today! We will continue to pray for your family. I had a dream last night that I saw you. Wish it could come true.

Heidi said...

Awesome! I am glad to hear he is doing a little better. Hope he continues to get better!

Kristina Brown said...

So glad there has been improvement. We will continue to send prayers your way.

Pugmire family said...

I just saw your last few posts. I am so glad he is improving. You are in our prayers, we love you.