Sunday, February 26, 2012

Slowly but Surely

Dad continues to get better each day. He is down to 185 pounds today. Wondering what his true weight is after all of this... Hopefully the TPN is keeping him from getting too low.

Finally today they let him start eating a little. He is taking it VERY slow. Like 2 sips of broth, sip of apple juice and a bite of jello. That is about it for today. He has definitely lost his desire to eat. Nothing sounds or tastes good, but we are HOPING that his stomach is ready and he can eat EVEN MORE tomorrow. Hard to imagine, I know ;)

He is feeling well enough to be worried about the hottub that was supposed to be winterized a couple of weeks ago. I think that is a good sign! He is using less pain medicine and moving a lot more. Let's hope for a "good stomach" and that he can come home this week. Hard to believe it has been 3 1/2 weeks since the surgery. Its been a bit of a blur.

2 comments:

Amylee said...

YOU GUYS HAVE A HOT TUB?! :)

It's so hard to imagine a big adult man only having that small amount to eat. What a process. I can't believe it has been 3 1/2 weeks already. Wow.

Kirstin said...

I am LOVING the positive updates! I can't imagine the man at the dinner table who would chuck rolls at me not even being able to eat now, but I am glad the stomach is starting to be a little better and that your dad has more energy! Give him my love... and you too! Love you Darcy. You are amazing and I am sure your parents are appreciating you immensely during all of this!